Q: What parts would I need to fix brake fluid leaking from my front front inside wheel?

asked by on May 24, 2017

I need front and rear brake pads, and front rotors, according to a knowledgeable friend who I have spoken with. I have brake fluid leaking from inside of my right front wheel and my brakes barely work. My pedal goes all the way to the floor. I am looking for the parts I would need to fix the leak, i.e. hoses, seals, gaskets etc.

Hello, thank you for writing in. While replacing the brake pads and rotors is standard service after they wear down, they would not cause a fluid leak. You likely have two separate brake system issues happening at the same time. The hydraulic brake fluid leak is the cause of the pedal hitting the floor. Without the ability to build hydraulice pressure and control the brake calipers, the brakes do not work. To find what needs to be replaced, you have to find where the fluid is leaking from. From there you can replace the line, valve, or other part which has failed. After the repair is made, you need to bleed the brakes and replace pads or calipers need be. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.