Q: I am looking to make a "sports" , "dub" car with alot of power.

The car is in excellent condition ,nothing has been done to it , it runs and drives smoothly however I want to make this car extremely exillerating with alot of power under the hood.....I have no budget and am willing to do any mods ,including an engine swop etc. I have a passion for bmw's and this will be my first custom built one ,keeping in mind that it is only a 318 any high performance mods might damage the brittle body , any advice on how I could support that.

Taking on a project such as this takes lots of time, even for the most experienced mechanic. You will be re-engineering your car and this will require you to learn a lot and make a lot of decisions. There is no one plan to do something like this. Even though you say you don’t have a budget, it is very easy to spend well over $100,000 to make a car go fast. It is often the case that you could spend all that money and not be happy with the project. It happens more often than not.

The sky is the limit. Honestly, with a unlimited budget, which is what I assume you mean when you say, "I have no budget", I recommend purchasing a new performance BMW. If you actually don’t have any money, then of course, none of this is really possible. The only reason you should take on a project such as this is for your love of working on cars and you consider this a creative project.

If you decide you still want to do this, the best bet is to find a group of BMW enthusiast and take note of what kinds of cars they have built. In addition, find a BMW performance specialist that has actually made many modifications to BMW’s. They will be your best source of answers to the many questions you have. I would also assume you have an extensive set of tools.

If you plan on paying someone to do all the work for you, I recommend taking extensive time to find a shop that has lot’s of experience building performance BMW’s. Another option is to find out if there is a BMW racing club in your area. This will likely be your best source for what works and what doesn’t.

This is for most people a multiyear project. So settle in for the long haul, or you can buy it’s equivalent new off of the lot and start enjoying it today. This depends on whether or not you are looking for a fun project, or just want to gain performance.

If you run into any issues down the road or need some assistance with installing a part, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to you and service your car.

Good luck!

3. I am looking to make a "sports" , "dub" car with alot of power.