Q: Is there any way I can bleed brakes without a scanner or special tool? Thanks!

Hi my name is Christina. My brakes went out and ABS light is on. I have replaced brakes calipers and also the ABS modulator. But I am still not getting any brake fluid to the calipers. The master is pumping fluid. I cannot get my brakes to bleed and the abs light is still on after replacing the unit. I have also checked the fuse and its good. How can I bleed my brakes without a special scanner or tool?? Please help!! Thank you!

Hello. If you are not able to get pressure to come to the calipers, you will have to use a scan tool to activate the bleed function of the abs. Otherwise, you will not be able to get fluid out of the ABS system. If you would like a professional to take care of this service for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to bleed the brakes on your vehicle.

• Is there any way I can bleed brakes without a scanner or special tool? Thanks!