Q: pours white smoke out exhaust and is sluggish in first and second

asked by on February 05, 2017

my truck is pouring white smoke on start up and when it gets really backed up cruising down highway truck will even occasionally die down road and take a few seconds to restart it passes the oil cap test for blow by could it still be low compression?

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Diagnosing smoking issues on a Turbo Diesel is really difficult to do remotely. However, if it’s white smoke that is coming out upon early start up, it’s commonly due to an over rich situation with a turbo, or in worse case situations, coolant inside the oiling system. If smoke comes out during acceleration, it might be a compression problem caused by worn out piston rings. If it’s deceleration; valve guides could be the trouble. The best thing to do is have a professional diesel mobile mechanic complete a smoke is coming from exhaust inspection at your location.