Q: Car stuttering when starting and low gas mileage

asked by on February 10, 2018

I have a 2013 g37 with 45k miles and when I start it it stutters a little bit then stops I’m wondering what that may be ? Also my mileage per gallon has gone way down since I bought the car 2 months ago, it was about 26 per mile at first now it’s about 17 , I don’t drive crazy or anything Andy I always go to shell or chevron and get 91 gas .... also if I want to do a oil change myself what is the top of the line oil to put in the vehicle ? Thanks so much for the help

Hi Ryan. Thanks for contacting us today. Sputtering and poor fuel economy are commonly caused by similar component failures such as a damaged mass air flow sensor, clogged fuel injectors or even faulty O2 sensors. If any of those items have not been replaced as recommended by Infiniti, then you should have them replaced. In regards to the engine oil, the best product to use is one that is recommended and listed in your owner manual. The brand that we recommend is Castrol GTX.