Q: missing catalytic converter.

A mechanic just diagnosed that my catalytic converter is missing... Please is it safe to use my car without it for a couple of months before replacing it?? Thanks.

A: A catalytic converter is a major component ...

A catalytic converter is a major component to your car’s exhaust system. If this is truly missing, this would mean that someone would have had to have physically removed it which involves a fair amount of work as well as removal of many critical sensors in your exhaust system, that should have triggered check engine lights as well as caused your car to run poorly. I would highly recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and verify that your catalytic converter is missing. It may just need to be replaced or cleaned out if possible.