Q: My Small SUV is squealing while I'm slowing down and I'm not pressing on the brakes.

My Small SUV is squealing while im slowing down and im not pressjng my brakes and i have no idea what it might be. Im a college student with 3 kids and cant afford a machanic so if anyone could help would be great.

Hi there. The noise could be the brakes indicator rubbing on the rotors on the front of your vehicle. This is the reminder to have the brakes replaced. If the brakes are new or have lots of friction material remaining, then there could be a wheel bearing that could be squealing. Lift up the vehicle an set it on jack stands. Check all of the wheels to see if any of the wheel bearings could be damaged. Rotate all of the wheels one at a time and listen for a slight squeal noise. Which ever wheel has the noise, then that wheel needs repaired. If you need further assistance with the squealing noise when slowing down, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My Small SUV is squealing while I'm slowing down and I'm not pressing on the brakes.