Q: AWD malfunction message on dashboard 2005 Ford Five Hundred

asked by on December 06, 2016

What can be the cause of this message on the dash and is this problem expensive to fix?

Hello - there are 2 fairly common causes of the AWD warning light: the temperature/pressure sensor in the rear differential, or the oil pump in the rear differential are malfunctioning. I would recommend an inspection of the rear differential by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.