Q: Orange wrench light

The orange wrench light came on in my 2009 Ford Escape. Then it would barely move, but gradually picked up speed. Each time I stopped, it would take a few minutes before it would get to moving at a normal speed. As I was driving up my steep driveway, it stopped before I got to the top of the hill. Now it won't move.

Hi there:

The orange wrench light is typically a service due notification; that lets a car owner know that routine maintenance needs to be performed. The fact you’re having serious driving issues like this with this error light appearing as opposed to the check engine light is odd, so it might be best for you to have one of our local mechanics complete a warning light inspection first. This will allow them to plug in a diagnostic scanner and download the trouble codes that trigger this light or other problems with the vehicle. This should pinpoint the source of your driving issue with your Ford Escape so they can recommend the right service repairs be completed.

3. Orange wrench light