Q: Car shaking & making loud noise only bt 30-40 mph.

asked by on May 10, 2017

My 2006 Nissan Murano shakes when I am BT 30 -40 mph. I took my car to a shop and it's showing it's misfiring on scanner but can't pinpoint where. They suggested replacing all engine coils and spark plugs. I read online that someone had same problem replaced allot of items and it turned out it was a belt splitting. Please let me know your thoughts and charges for recommendations. Thank you.

Hi there. In most cases, an engine misfire is caused by either an ignition or fuel system related component. Specifically, either a fuel injector is not firing correctly or the spark plug or ignition coil is not firing correctly. The best way to diagnose this is to have a second mechanic, like one of our professional mobile mechanics take a look at your vehicle by completing an engine is misfiring inspection.