Q: Automatic won't shift

The automatic shifting won't shift. It just goes up and down without putting it in any gear.

It sounds like your shifter cable may have come loose. What happens over time the bushing for the the shifter cable that connects to the linkage on the transmission becomes worn and needs replacing because it will not stay connected. I would suggest having a technician come out and replace the cable bushing and hopefully that will fix your problem. If you would like a diagnosis of your transmission issue in person, they will be able to determine the exact cause of your problem before any repairs are made.