Q: Car hard to shift

My car has been extremely hard to shift. The clutch is soft, and it lurches forward in First gear when the car is started. The clutch was recently replaced, but the slave cylinder wasn't replaced at the time.

Hi. It does sound like you might be having hydraulic issues. There are two components to this. The clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder. The clutch master cylinder is not normally replaced during a clutch job, but the slave should be. On your vehicle, removal of the transmission is necessary. Not replacing it during the clutch job was not the best decision in your case as you might have to pay most of the labor amount again to have it replaced.

3. Car hard to shift