Q: Engine shudders when not moving, check engine light on - 2003 Toyota Echo 1.5 L 4-cylinder

My car has gone around 210,000 miles. Recently, the dash showed the check engine light on. The following day I was driving and the car started shuddering while it wasn't moving at the traffic light. The engine as well as the air filter compartment shudder so much that I'm in fear the engine will blow. I had the oil changed but it didn't help. What should I do?

ANY time a Check Engine Light comes on, the first thing you need to do is get the computer scanned. Autozone or advance will actually do this for free so you don’t have to purchase anything. Shuddering could be a lot of things so finding out what code you have is an important first step in fxing the problem. When they scan it, they will do two things. It will clear the code (make the light go away) and it will give them a code. This code can be looked up to narrow down the search. Get this scanned asap.

• Engine shudders when not moving, check engine light on - 2003 Toyota Echo 1.5 L 4-cylinder