Q: Automatic locks on my car are locking/unlocking on their own

I have automatic locks on my car and all of a sudden today, the car started locking and unlocking by itself. I walked away from the car and could hear the locks clicking up and down. Do you know what this could be?

The body control module controls the locking function. If there is a conflict in one of the door locks that tells the module it is not closed or not locked, the module will cycle the locks. First, try replacing the remote battery to be sure it is not causing the issue. The remote should also be checked for stuck buttons. If the problem is still active, then a scan of the body control module using a factory style scanner can isolate the cause of the problem. It may be the module or one of the door latches. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can provide this service at your home or office.