Q: I been having problems with my car, a couple of days ago its would not start.... The dipstick was creamy, I checked my coils, 2004 Nissan Altima

My vehicle did this before, about a month before it happened again... I was over my mom house and my car was on a little slant and it would turn over and try to start but it was like it was not getting that spark to start... I then took out the coils and put them back in then it started it(it was the same coils) then a couple a days ago im passing out flyers and my car was on a nice slant and my car didnt start and I tried the same method, nothing worked... took out the coils and spark plugs cleansd them out and nothin still work... then my step dad kept trying to start it untill it finally started... I drove it home and the next day, my car started so im not sure whats going on... Somebody told me maybe because it has oil going through the last two coils and spark plugs maybe I need a new valve cover, but i took the cover off to make sure that was it, when I got the gasket cover off if thats what it is called... it was alot of oil everywhere help me please idk what to do

Hello - to be sure, a leaking valve cover gasket that is allowing oil to leak onto the plugs, plug boots or coils, will cause misfire issues, and uncertain engine starting performance. I recommend a car is not starting inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• I been having problems with my car, a couple of days ago its would not start.... The dipstick was creamy, I checked my coils, 2004 Nissan Altima