Q: Water leaking from passenger trunk tail light lens

When I open my trunk water comes out of the passenger side, rear tail light lens. I want to inspect the gasket and replace it (if needed) but I can't seem to remove the lens. I disconnected the power cord and removed the 4 bolt covers and it seems like it's getting caught on something else. I'm not sure of there is a hidden bolt or piece holding it. Please advise.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. There should be no other devices holding the unit into place. They are designed to fit snugly and are meant to stay in place, so you will just have to be gently forceful with it. Looking up a diagram of the component may help you recognize how it is best to remove it. The taillight is meant to be water tight, so inspect for any cracks or chips that will let the moisture in. For more help with the taillight until, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.