Q: My car just recently started shaking and trembling and then the car just shuts off and the brakes become hard to press 20004runner

asked by on October 24, 2017

When I stop at a red light or dont go above like 10mph my SUV starts shaking vigorously and if i dont apply acceleration the car will stall out. This started a couple days ago. I changed out my brake booster check valve and that did not fix the issue. Help would be appreciated thanks.

You should have brake boost for a few moments after the engine vacuum drops off. Changing the brake booster check valve should have helped that unless there is a leak in the booster. A leak in the booster will introduce an air leak into the engine and make it idle poorly. So that might be a good place to look for trouble. Also check anywhere else in the engine compartment for air hoses that are in bad condition or are fitting poorly. If you want to farm this job out, contact YourMechanic. they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your 4Runner and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.