Q: Sounds like vacuum leak

Truck dies when I try to engage gear. Restart blows black. Replaced crank shaft coil and IAC will idle fine but dies when I try to shift into gear. Sounds like major vacuum leak. Not showing any codes, no engine light on. Never been a problem before now

When you suspect a vacuum leak on the engine it may be a cracked hose or a gasket leak. The best way to find it is to use a hose to your ear and move around the engine intake and hoses to locate the leak. The hose for the brake booster may be cracked or coming loose from intake port.