Q: When I use the windshield washer fluid the wipers are supposed to turn on a couple of times, but they don't.

asked by on November 11, 2017

When I spray washer fluid onto my windshield the wipers don't automatically come on to wipe it off as they are supposed to. All other wiper functions seem to be working normally. Is there a reason that might be happening? Is there a separate fuse that would control the dual washer-wiper action or something like that?

Sometimes this function is built into the wiper motor itself and other times this function is accomplished with the use of a relay. I would recommend searching in your owner’s manual to see if there is a washer relay. If there is a washer relay this could be the issue. I would also recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr