Q: Front Differential assembly 2010 Infiniti QX56

I have a 2010 QX and brand new when i bought it....I have been keeping up with the maintenance schedules and have had no problems with the vehicle...Now after the warranty is up the dealer says i have a front differential leak and the assembly needs to be changed for 2700.00....Should I get a second opinion? I just don't trust them as I have been servicing with them the whole time.....Only 70100 miles on it in a pot hole town (chicago)

Hello - "the assembly needs to be changed" seems a bit extreme for a fluid leak. I recommend an oil leak inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this leaky differential, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. The necessary seal(s) can then be replaced to correct this leak.

3. Front Differential assembly 2010 Infiniti QX56