Q: Window motor

The driver's side window rolls down a quarter inch and then stops.

Hi. The driver’s window switch may be getting water or other liquids inside and the window switch is shorting out. There is a recall to replace the switch if failing, and cover the switch in butel tape to make it water proof. The recall number is 12-067 and you should check to see if your vehicle is covered by contacting your local dealer. I recommend you have a mechanic, like ones from YourMechanic, inspect the window system if you are not under the factory recall.

3. Window motor