Q: Crack on bottom of gas pan leaking

My car has a crack on the bottom of the gas pan that was leaking gas. I put a zeal on to cover the crack, but I don't know if it is still leaking.

If your vehicle’s gas tank has cracked and begun leaking, I would recommend having it replaced if possible, or at least using a fuel resistant putty to seal the leak. Fuel leaks are not only expensive in terms of wasted fuel, but they also create potential safety hazards. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the fuel tank, and replace or reseal it as necessary.

3. Crack on bottom of gas pan leaking