my alternator as failed twice and i think due to oil leak...

Q: my alternator as failed twice and i think due to oil leaking into it. i had the valve cover gaskets changed and i'm still getting

asked by on July 01, 2017

oil leak by the alternator is causing it to fail after awhile. already changed manifold gaskets so those are good to go.

Hi there. It is possible for oil to soak into electrical components of an alternator and cause it to fail prematurely. If the oil leak still exists after completing the recent valve cover gasket changed, it’s possible that the source is an oil line with a faulty connection, front or rear crankshaft seal or even a power steering fluid or other lubricant leak. It is probably best to have a professional mechanic complete a car is leaking fluid inspection, to isolate the source of the leak and recommend the right repairs.