Q: Steering wheel squeak

When I turn the steering wheel at a normal rate or slowly it makes no noise. But when I turn the wheel really fast wen parking or k turning it makes a little squeak. It's not the engine or anything like that it's just the physical steering wheel. I don't know if it needs more lube or something but I'd like advice since it's really annoying

A: If your steering wheel is producing a squ...

Hello.

If your steering wheel is producing a squeaking sound when rapidly turning I would first try to determine where the sound may be coming from. If it sounds like it may be coming from outside the vehicle, perhaps the engine bay then the noise could possibly be related to the steering components. If it sounds like something may need to be lubricated then the noise may be coming from somewhere on the steering column mechanism. If you can pinpoint at least a general area of where the sound may be coming from then spraying a bit of aerosol lubricant of your preferred brand could be enough to make the squeak go away. I would also, just as a precaution, check the vehicle’s power steering fluid level, as low or bad fluid can sometimes cause symptoms similar to those you are experiencing.