Q: Audi stuck in first gear.

My Audi A4 is stuck in first gear. It only has 50,000 miles on it and all maintenance is up to date. After looking online, many owners say it is a common issue with the A4 and is related to a brake light, or brake sensor issue.

A: Your transmission needs a vehicle speed sen...

Your transmission needs a vehicle speed sensor signal in order for it to shift. A bad sensor may be the cause of your problem and would need to be properly diagnosed by a qualified mechanic to scan for codes in the engine and transmission along with the antilock brake system.