Q: How do you use the auxiliary input jack on the radio?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you use the auxiliary input jack on the radio?

Your car’s audio system allows you to listen to AM and FM radio, play CDs, and even satellite radio. However, you can also connect an external device with the auxiliary cable. This is the ideal way to connect an external CD player, or another device that doesn’t have USB connectivity. Here’s what you need to know:

• You’ll find the auxiliary jack under the center stack (below the HVAC controls).
  • You can connect any portable music player that uses headphones with a 3.5 mm jack.
  1. Leave the ignition off.

2. Make sure the radio is off.

3. Connect your device to the extension cable.

4. Connect the cable to the auxiliary jack.

5. Turn on the ignition.

6. Turn on the radio.

7. Press the AUX button.

8. Choose Line, Line In or SYNC Line In from the menu.

9. Control the music through your device (you will need to adjust the volume on your device and the volume on the audio system to get the right sound).

Tip

Make sure your device is fully charged (or has fresh batteries).