Q: Shaving metal noise at acceleration, at low rpms on 1 2 3 gear 2001 Chrysler

In the morning after warm up after I engage on the clutch and accelerate I hear metal shaving or grinding noise I have to shift to a higher gear but it's now heard up to 3rd gear

Hello - I suspect you have a failing bearing in your transmission. If your car is rear-wheel drive, the bearing would likely be on the transmission countershaft. For a front-wheel drive car, it could have several names, but accomplishes the same purpose - supports the gears that transmit power for lower gears. This bearing should be replaced as soon as possible - failing to do so will only cause more damage as you drive. I would recommend a thorough inspection of your transmission and other driveline components by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Shaving metal noise at acceleration, at low rpms on 1 2 3 gear 2001 Chrysler