Q: Shaving metal noise at acceleration, at low rpms on 1 2 3 gear 2001 Chrysler

In the morning after warm up after I engage on the clutch and accelerate I hear metal shaving or grinding noise I have to shift to a higher gear but it's now heard up to 3rd gear

A: Hello - I suspect you have a failing bearin...

Hello - I suspect you have a failing bearing in your transmission. If your car is rear-wheel drive, the bearing would likely be on the transmission countershaft. For a front-wheel drive car, it could have several names, but accomplishes the same purpose - supports the gears that transmit power for lower gears. This bearing should be replaced as soon as possible - failing to do so will only cause more damage as you drive. I would recommend a thorough inspection of your transmission and other driveline components by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.