Q: Car starts, then won't restart, then starts again

asked by on December 16, 2015

At first the car will start ok. After short trips only, when I turn the car off, it won't restart for 10-12 minutes. Then after waiting longer, it will start again.

Hi thanks for the question, problems like this can be as hard to diagnose as they are to live with. It sounds like you may have some intermittent electrical issue. This will require a skilled technician that has the knowhow and the right tools. Modern cars are fairly complex when a problem like this occurs. The mechanic will need to have the right test equipment set up to catch the fault as it occurs.