Q: Car won't crank. It just clicks once but all the lights come on.

What could be wrong?

A: A starter like any other mechanical and ele...

A starter like any other mechanical and electrical part is subject to failing sometimes for no apparent reason. However, sometimes this is misdiagnosed as well and often times mistaken for something much more simple like a fuse or starter relay. The starter relay is a small unit near the starter that directs power to the starter from the battery. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starting issue to determine the solution to get you back on the road.