Q: I have a 2007 ford f150 I need an alternator without taking it out how do I know if it's a D plug in or an oval

asked by on February 09, 2017

I'm not with the truck I'm trying to get an alternator and don't know if it's a D plug or oval plug

Alternator Replacement $149.30 - $1391.75 Get a Quote

If you send your VIN number, I can look up the exact Ford part number and visually look at the plug. Ford part number GLV-8704-RM appears to have an oval plug. The GL-974-RM appears to have a D plug. If I have your VIN I can tell which of those two was actually installed on your vehicle. Alternatively, you can just simply request replacement of the alternator and we will handle the parts identification. If you desire that the alternator be replaced by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request alternator removal and replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.