Q: Timing belt replacement

The car drives fine. Shop says timing belt should be replaced with scheduled maintenance. Would like too hang on to the current belt until it's "going". Any audible or other tell tale signs before it breaks? Thanks

A: When a timing belt breaks it will typically...

When a timing belt breaks it will typically just snap without warning, and when it does, you will damage the motor from possible bent valves. It would be safest to follow the recommendation and have it replaced to avoid any risks. If you'd like to have this done, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can replace your timing belt at your home or office.