Window not going up 2003 explorer ford

Q: Window not going up

The driver's side window stopped working. I can hear the motor grinding, but the window won't go up.

Hi there. When a window motor begins to grind it is shaving off the gear that actuates the window up and down. What caused the window to put extra strain on the motor could be that the window is off it’s track. The window usually will "jam" causing the extra strain on the motor itself. A great way to diagnose this issue is to have a mechanic such as one from YourMechanic to come and take a closer look to determine what is causing your window issue.