Q: ABS light on, brake light on

asked by on August 01, 2016

The dash in my truck has been sporadically showing the ABS and brake lights on. I found out that it might be happening due to a failing ABS brake control module. I would like to get it replaced myself. However, I don't know where exactly it is. Could you tell me where it's located and what would be the correct way to get it replaced?

Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement $103.84 - $582.33 Get a Quote
ABS Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Brake Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A few different faults may be causing the ABS and brake lights to intermittently show on your 2001 GMC Sierra 2500. You are correct that the ABS brake control module could be a potential cause. The most likely causes would be a wheel speed sensor, ABS module, mechanical brake component, or low brake fluid. The ABS module can be an expensive and complex part that should be diagnosed and confirmed it is bad before it is replaced. If you need help pinpointing the fault, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can assist you with diagnosing your ABS Light and brake light issues