Q: Car still overheating

My car is still overheating after having the thermostat replaced.

Hi. Although a thermostat is a possible cause of overheating, it’s not the only cause for overheating. Also, if the thermostat wasn’t installed correctly or the cooling system wasn’t bled of air properly, it would still overheat. Other causes of overheating include, failed water pump, blown head gasket, blocked radiator either internally (scale/rust deposits) or externally (mud/debris caught inside the fins), or pinched hoses. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the overheating issue with your vehicle.

3. Car still overheating