Q: Car wont crank or start, only hearing a click.

asked by on June 08, 2016

Car has been sitting outside over winter till today, charged the battery, turn the key, only a click, not cranking. tested battery at store, they said it was bad and i got a new battery, turned the key still only a click, i purchased a used and bench-tested starter, connected it to he car, turned the key starter engaged / removed power / completed bolting the starter in the car. turned the key, only a click and no cranking.

Hello. If your battery and starter are known to be good, the next things I would check would be your battery cables, the wiring to your starter, your starter relay, and your vehicle’s ignition switch. Any problems with those components can also cause the vehicle to experience a no start, click condition. If you want to have this looked at by a professional, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your car’s starting issue.