Q: When I try to take off the engine felt like it wanted to fall out and violently shook until the car slowed down.

asked by on February 02, 2017

When i tried to take off fast the engine felt like it was going to fall out the truck shaking violently until the truck completely slowed down then when i took off it drove good what could the issue be

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Most likely the engine has a plugged fuel filter. A plugged fuel filter will cause the engine to hesitate when under harsh throttle and make the vehicle shake. I recommend replacing the fuel filter and retesting to see if the shaking comes back. If the shaking is still there, then perform a stall check.

Stall Check

• Put the vehicle in a safe area with nothing in front of it
  • Lock the parking brake and start the engine
  • Step on the service brake to the floor with your left foot and hold it down
  • Put the transmission in drive
  • Step on the accelerator pedal to the floor for 3 to 5 seconds
  • Let off the accelerator pedal after 3 to 5 seconds
  • Put the transmission in park and shut off the engine

If the engine loads up fine and does not create any violent shaking motion, then the issue is either within the transmission, driveshaft, or the rear suspension. If you need further assistance with your vehicle shaking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.