Q: I was driving in the rain and when i went through a dip full of watter, water splashed into my car n got my feet all wet... the wa

I was driving in rain and when going through a dip full of water, water splashed into my car from somewhere ubove the pedals, i drive a 2014 nissan altima. Why did that happen? Should that have happened? Is there an opening down ubove the pedals of my car?

Clear fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Vehicles are far from waterproof in all circumstances. When the vehicle is designed the structure is engineered to keep rain out and most water sprayed from the wheel well areas but if you enter standing water of significant depth, some water could be forced in. In your circumstances the answer to the question, "Should that have happened?" depends on the depth of the water and the speed at which you hit the ponding on the roadway. Having said that, if the water was only a couple inches deep, in most circumstances it should not enter the vehicle. It is possible a seal on the driver side kickplate area could be missing. In addition, it’s possible that other seals were breached. The only way to tell for sure is to schedule an inspection. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an water leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.