How can I be sure it is fuel pressure reg and not the pum...

Q: How can I be sure it is fuel pressure reg and not the pump?

asked by on March 21, 2017

The car will crank but won't continue to run. Has not been driven a lot in several years. mostly stays parked. but not sure if it is actually the fuel pump. How do I determine for shore, don't want to replace if not needed.

If you suspect the fuel pump is not pumping enough pressure then you will need to have a fuel pressure test with a fuel gauge to check to see if the pressure is high enough or not. You can have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and do the test for you.