Q: car will turnover but wont start.

2003 infiniti G35

After attempted theft, i changed the ignition and immobilizer in my car. As a result, the car will turnover but will not start. Got these codes: P1610, P1614, and P1615. Any ideas on what the issue is and what repairs should be done?

Thanks

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely experiencing some issues with control module that communicated between the anti-theft components. Typically when the vehicle is messed with and the anti-theft system goes into action, you will need to take an original key, and cycle it. There is also a door locking procedure that you can go through to "inform" your vehicle that this is the original key, and you are not stealing the vehicle. Your owner’s manual should have more information about that procedure. If you are not able to reset the system with your original key, or through the locking procedure, the work you have done may have further locked you out of the system. Typically at this point, only a manufacture specific scan tool and relearn the computer. This may be where you are at unfortunately. For more help before seeing the dealership, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. car will turnover but wont start.