Q: code 340 sensor camshaft

took to first mechanic and he asked me did I want to keep this car suggested about $800 cost to service. 2nd mechanic said, possible $1200 be be repaired. It sounded like both were really not completely sure, of what exactly the problem is. Got same codes but both sounded a little of sure about replacing the sensor camshaft. Car is not stalling or running rough, but engine light is on. My warranty is up. Could this possibily be a problem for car with only 70,000 miles. Could be a faulty problem, and how would i find out from mercedes on it's 2012 250C?

Hi there. If the error code they gave you was P-0340, this indicates that the problem is with the camshaft position sensor. The camshaft position sensor calculates the rotational speed of the camshaft and where the camshaft is positioned in that rotation. The camshaft sensor sends a signal to the Power Control Module (PCM) to communicate this information. The PCM then uses the information collected by the camshaft position sensor to set the fuel injector timing and control the ignition spark. When the signal to and from the camshaft position sensor and the PCM is broken, the ignition spark and fuel injector timing will fail and the PCM will store the P0340. This will trigger the illumination of the Check Engine Light. This should not be a very costly replacement, so I would recommend getting a third opinion to replace the camshaft position sensor by having one of our mobile mechanics complete this for you.

3. code 340 sensor camshaft