Q: Turbo VS. Non-Turbo Valve Cover Gasket

Hi,

I need to replace the valve cover gasket on my (non-turbo) Touring Edition PT Cruiser. While looking online, I'm given two choices: • PERMADRY MOLDED RUBBER GSKT INCL - w/SPARK PLUG TUBE SEALS - TURBO • PERMADRY MOLDED RUBBER GSKT INCL - w/SPARK PLUG TUBE SEALS - w/o TURBO

The turbo valve cover gasket costs less than the one without turbo. So my question is:

Can I save the cash and get the turbo valve cover gasket for my non-turbo engine? Does it make a difference if I use the turbo on my non turbo?

Thank you for time.

Hi there. Looks like the gaskets are the same for the turbo and non turbo engines. I recommend asking the local parts store for to see a valve cover gasket for the non turbo engine and a gasket for a turbo engine and compare the two gaskets. If the gaskets are the same material and have the same design, the go for the valve cover gasket that will fit your budget. If you need further assistance with the valve cover gasket, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Turbo VS. Non-Turbo Valve Cover Gasket