Q: My odometer and the rpm does not work on my 2005 Q56 infinity.

asked by on March 09, 2017

The odometer and the rpm does not work and the mileage indicator is fuzzy.

This could be related to a couple of possibilities. The [instrument voltage regulator]((https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/instrument-voltage-regulator-replacement) regulates the voltage supplied to the various gauges in your vehicle’s dash. When this is not working properly, this may cause the gauges in your dash to dim or flicker erratically or in some cases provide false readings.

This may also be caused by a faulty transmission speed sensor. The speed sensor reads the rotational speed of the reluctor wheel, located within the transmission. When this is not working properly, you may also notice the transmission hesitating to shift gears, erratic tachometer readings, the speedometer not working properly or the odometer not working properly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.