Q: p0303, p1313, p0420. codes come up. no flashing and now signs. what do I do?

I just bought my 03 jaguar s type and realized there 4 check engine light codes that come on every once in awhile. I clear them and it takes about 4 start cycles to come back. the codes are p0303, p1313, p0420, p1111. not sure where to start or what to do. it does kinda shift slow from 1st to second. and not as fast as I would have thought. not sure though.. just need to figure out wat to do. can I still drive it? it's not flashing. also my engine coolant low light comes on intermeditly but coolant is full

A: Hi there. Sounds like there are a few thin...

Hi there. Sounds like there are a few things going on. First the code P1313 means that the timing chain has jumped a tooth making the camshaft and crankshaft out of sync. The chain tensioner may need replaced if it is not keeping the chain tight.

For the code P0303, there is a misfire detected on cylinder 3. Check the spark plugs and wires to the cylinder 3 and make sure that they are not burned. Check the fuel injector on cylinder 3 for a pulse and make sure that it is working.

For the code P1111, the intake valve timing control solenoid has stopped working. Check the harness to the solenoid and make sure that there is power to the solenoid. If there is power to the solenoid, the the solenoid has failed and needs replaced.

As far as the P0420 code goes, usually this code comes up for a failed catalytic converter, but this code also comes up if the catalytic converter is over working its self. If you fix all of the engine issues and the P0420 code comes up only, then the catalytic was burnt and cannot burn anymore particulates and needs to be replaced. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your Engine Light code findings.