Q: Just paid $700 for tune up at Ford dealership, now I'm getting a P0430 code from engine light

asked by on October 02, 2016

Just had truck tuned up at Ford dealership, now check engine light has come on, Code reads P0430 Seems strange that this would happen right after a tuneup, Suggestions?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This code is for the O2 sensor after the catalyst for the driver side. You will need to have the code diagnosed to see if the sensor is working okay or the catalyst is bad. If the fuel injectors or combustion chamber were cleaned, then this may have caused the code. The cleaning fluids sometimes may cause the O2 codes. Have the code cleared and see if it returns after a week or two. If it does not return then ignore. If it returns, then I recommend having a pinpoint test done. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.