Q: Antifreeze leaking from banjo bolt

asked by on October 17, 2017

So whenever I put antifreeze in, it leaks/comes out from the oil coolant line- the banjo bolt that connects to the radiator to be exact. I just got a new radiator, just got a new banjo bolt cause I thought the threads were bad, and just got a new coolant line. Installed it and put antifreeze in and it leaks from the bolt! I don't know if I have the wrong size, I don't know if I need a adapter or if the radiator has one built in, and I don't know if I can use washers to close up some loose space? Don't know much about cars, so really any things helps! I've tried everything.

You should have a sealing washer on each side of the banjo so it will seal.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr