charge indicator light is on, alternator is charging fine...

Q: charge indicator light is on, alternator is charging fine and battery is good. what is the fault

asked by on June 20, 2017

charge indicator light on, charging system/battery are good. what can cause this

The charging system light may be computer controlled on some vehicles or controlled by the instrument cluster circuit or the alternator output. We would need your vehicle year, make and model with engine size to give a better diagnosis for you. If your alternator is computer controlled it would default charge at 13.5 and turn on the charge light. This can be due to problems in the alternator or computer cannot control the voltage anymore. Recommend having the computer scanned and the complete charging system checked to isolate the issue for you.