Q: Car cranks slowly when it is hot, but cranks normal when the engine is cold

When ever the engine runs for a while and becomes hot, it starts very slowly or not at all until when it is left to cool.

A: Hello. The most common cause of a slow hot ...

Hello. The most common cause of a slow hot crank is a bad starter. As the brushes and the armature in the starter wear they begin to bind then the starter is hot causing this slow start. It can also be from a failing positive battery cable that has a lot of internal resistance. I usually check the cable by doing a resistance and voltage drop test. If it is fine then I do an amperage draw test of the starter and then replace the starter as that is the most common problem. If you want to have this starting problem repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.