Q: ABS light on and brakes locking up.

The ABS light comes on intermittently and the 4-wheel drive light is flashing. Also, sometimes the brakes will lock up.

Hello. The ABS light on the dashboard is an indicator to warn the driver of improper system function. With your symptoms, I believe your anti-lock braking system controller may have a fault. The anti-lock braking system measures wheel speeds and the differences between them to try to anticipate lock-up and prevent this by pulsing hydraulic pressure through the system. Have a certified mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, inspect your braking systems hydraulic and electrical components for faults.

3. ABS light on and brakes locking up.