Q: ABS light on and brakes locking up.

The ABS light comes on intermittently and the 4-wheel drive light is flashing. Also, sometimes the brakes will lock up.

A: Hello. The ABS light on the dashboard is an...

Hello. The ABS light on the dashboard is an indicator to warn the driver of improper system function. With your symptoms, I believe your anti-lock braking system controller may have a fault. The anti-lock braking system measures wheel speeds and the differences between them to try to anticipate lock-up and prevent this by pulsing hydraulic pressure through the system. Have a certified mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, inspect your braking systems hydraulic and electrical components for faults.