Q: Dealer where I purchased the vehicle stated my rotors were "all rotted" at my last service. Quote - $375.00 per axle? High?

Trying to decide whether the cost of repair at the dealer is not only reasonable, but also necessary versus taking it elsewhere. It seems to be extraordinary high, since parts I've seen avg. about $125/ axle. Please advise!

Hello. ’Rotted’ is an unusual term for brake rotor problems, but here we are. With your mileage, especially if you have lots of stop-and-go driving, brake service may be required. Dealers have a fairly high cost structure (building, test equipment, etc.) so their hourly rates have to take that into account to still make money. Mobile professionals, like YourMechanic.com, have much lower operating overhead, and thus can offer high-quality professional service at lower cost. If you want to get a comparative price, you can go to our estimator page to get a quote for this and schedule an appointment if desired.

• Dealer where I purchased the vehicle stated my rotors were "all rotted" at my last service. Quote - $375.00 per axle? High?