Transmission hot idle engine , plus there is trans fluid ...

Q: Transmission hot idle engine , plus there is trans fluid leaking i think its coming from tbe filler but also have coolant leak

asked by on October 24, 2017

Replaced rad and thermostat after car has beeb running hot and also replaced top trans cooling lines becsuse it was leaking , now i have a slight coolant leak on passenger side i checked and its not the hose rad or therm, and my trans sensor says (transmission hot idle engine) which is the big issue when driving on hwy over 90mph and trans fluid starts to leak from top where u fill it at or from tbe side . Need help money is very tight ritenow 😳

The transmission requires the cooling system to be working correctly to keep it cool. If you have the cooling system pressure tested and locate the coolant leak and get it repaired. You may have a water pump leaking. Once the cooling system is fixed and transmission fluid level checked to make sure it is not overfilled or underfilled. Have area cleaned and road test to see if transmission or coolant is still leaking.